Introducing a better way to organize your contact lists and segments
Today we’re introducing an entirely new way to organize your lists, segments and folders within the contacts manager. Watch the short video which explains the update in more detail:
We’ve introduced many improvements to the contact manager, including:
- automatic sorting of lists, segments and folders into sections to help you stay organized;
- the introduction of helpful sections “Recently Viewed” and “Team Favorites”;
- the ability to customize which sections you see and the order they appear;
- drag-and-drop capabilities to make sorting items into folders more simple;
- support for folders and multiple sub folders, and;
- faster search across all of your lists, segments and folders.
This is just the start of many improvements to the Autopilot experience we’ll be rolling out this year. We’re thankful to our community and customers for their input and feedback to make this a reality.
Here are a few more things we’re excited about from this release:
1. Less naming conventions, more organization
Before this update we saw many customers (including us) working with naming conventions to stay organized. For example, folders titled “Webinars 2017” and “Webinars 2018” and lists with names like “05052017 Webinar Registrants”, “05052017 Webinar Attendees”.
It works, but it doesn’t scale very well (or look nice).
With the new folder and sub folder feature, you can easily organize these without the need for naming conventions on your lists or segments. In the example below we simply have a Webinars folder with year sub folders, then months, then the name of the webinar. Inside we have simple list names like “Did not attend” and “Attendees”.
When it’s easy to stay organized chances are you will do it. The update introduces drag-and-drop of lists and segments into folders.
3. Complete customization
You can customize how your lists, segments and folders are organized including special views like team favorites and recently added. We’ll be expanding this ability and level of customization throughout the entire interface this year to help you stay more productive.
That’s all for now. We hope you like the update and appreciate any feedback you have. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements over the next few weeks.